- How can we be sure our order is correct?
- What are the payment terms?
- How long will it take to manufacture and deliver our order?
- Do we need Advanced Notification?
- What if no one is available to schedule delivery?
- How will we know when our furniture will arrive?
- What if we must delay delivery after our shipment is en route?
- How soon must we notify SMARTdesks of a delay to avoid storage charges?
SECURITY AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FAQ
- What must we do if our facility has special security requirements?
- Why must we supply special delivery requirements in writing?
- How do we determine if our loading dock is adequate?
- How do we know if we need Lift-Gate Service?
- What is Basic Inside Delivery service?
- When might we need White Glove Delivery service?
- Is Assembly Service available as an option?
- For White Glove and Assembly/Installation Services, what should we tell you about our facility?
- Why should we supply specific features about the building?
- Where can we locate the Shipping Department Contact Form?
WARRANTY REPAIRS AND RETURNS FAQ
- What do we do about missing parts or hardware?
- What should we do if there is visible damage to crates or cartons?
- What do we do if we discover damage to any parts?
CLAIMS FAQ FOR FREIGHT DAMAGE AND MISSING ITEMS
- What should we do if items are missing that are listed on the Bill of Lading (BOL)?
- What if we don't receive what we ordered?
- What if something fails under warranty?
- What can we do if the damage is not covered by the warranty?
- Is there a list of phone and fax numbers and contact forms?
- Where can we find the Sales Department Contact Form?
- Where can we find the Design Studio Contact Form?
A. Upon receipt of your order, Smartdesks will send you an Order Acknowledgment via an email link. The acknowledgment includes the item numbers, quantity and descriptions of the products you ordered along with your finish choices, shipping method and if you requested, the inside delivery and assembly options. The Order Acknowledgment may also contain notes with questions about the finishes and shipping requirements. Before your order can be put into the production schedule, we must have your confirmation of the Order Acknowledgment. Check this document carefully, sign it and fax it to 410-697-1614.
A. Standard terms are 50% deposit and balance due prior to shipping. Orders under $3,000 require prepayment. Payments are accepted in the form of Credit Card, EFT, or Check. It is the Customer's responsibility to pay all applicable Sales and Use Tax to the State when Sales and Use Tax does not appear on the Invoice.
- Individual and pre-installed electrical connections, connection boxes, electronic components require payment prior to shipment.
- All terms are subject to the discretion and final determination by CBT Supply Inc. d/b/a Smartdesks.
Individual and pre-installed electrical connections, connection boxes, electronic components, and all custom furniture items are not returnable or refundable. Products are not returnable. Parts damaged during shipment, reported within 7 days of receipt, may be replaced upon inspection by the Seller (via photo documentation provided by the customer). Seller reserves the right to deny or accept returns at its sole discretion. All Returns require a Return Authorization number. A Restocking charge will be applied.
A. Standard delivery time is 5-6 weeks after receipt of your purchase order including all required finishes . At certain times of the year, this may extend to 7-8 weeks from entry of your order. Delays due to the Covid-19 Pandemic may also affect delivery time due to supply chain and shipping interruptions. To enter your order, we must have all finishes selected for your products and delivery information.
A. If you don't have a full-time receiving department or the delivery is going directly to a location within your facility, the Bill of Lading (BOL) will indicate Advanced Notification Required or Notify before Delivery. This note instructs the freight company to call your Primary (or secondary) Point of Contact – usually the day before your furniture is to arrive - to confirm shipping arrangements and verify that you are ready to receive delivery.
A. If the Advance Notification call is not answered, or the Point of Contact is unavailable, the freight company will deliver your shipment which is subject to a redelivery fee. Please be sure to provide both Primary and Secondary Points of Contact as soon as you receive your Purchase Order Confirmation from our sales department. Keep us up-to-date if these contacts change. This significantly helps to ensure a timely and properly communicated delivery.
A. Our Shipping Department will send an email to your Primary Delivery contact when the order or part of your order has shipped. If you are expecting a shipment with Advance Notification, you will be contacted prior to shipment by the SMARTdesks Shipping Department.
A. If you are unable to receive delivery you must notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and telephone 800-770-7042 ext 814. If you are too late to stop a final delivery to your location, redelivery charges will apply as well. Shipments that cannot be received are subject to storage fees based upon the weight, the size, the number of the pallets and number of days stored at the freight forwarder's local terminal.
A. As soon as you know you need to delay a scheduled delivery, contact SMARTdesks via email@example.com and telephone the Shipping Department at 800-770-7042 ext 814. Be sure to put your company name, purchase order number and Quote number in the subject line. We may be able to delay your order if it has not entered a production cell. Once a job is in production, we cannot delay production. If the delay results in the need to store furniture, arrangements must be made to either have you store it at your own facility, or we can arrange for storage at a warehouse, billable to you . The SMARTdesks Shipping Department will work with you to help you rearrange the schedule and explain all of the options available to you.
SECURITY AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FAQ
A. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com with all of your special requirements when you receive your Order Confirmation. Be sure to indicate whether we must notify your designated Primary or Secondary Point of Contact with any or all of the above in advance. If you do not inform us in writing of special requirements and delivery cannot be completed, you may incur redelivery charges. Typically, requirements include some or all of these:
- Photo identification
- Full name and work permit number of each laborer
- Driver's CDL#
- Whether and when escort is required
- Proof of insurance
- Up-to-date vehicle registration
- Bill of lading (BOL) and/or work order from their company identifying what is being delivered and/or what is to be done on site
A. We need to supply this information to the shipping company, the labor service and the installers and everyone involved responsible for meeting the requirements. We want to be sure your instructions are followed to the letter and that delivery is completed without any delays.
- Stairs or long hallways and obstructions
- Freight elevator access, size, and location to the dock
- Which floor and room the furniture is to be delivered for White Glove Service
A. Standard loading docks are commonly 48-52" in height. We ship on trailers that are generally 50-54' long and require 75-80' with the tractor included. Your loading dock's length, available turning radius, access for backing-up to the dock and from the street must accommodate the truck's dimensions. Is your dock within these parameters? If not you will require Lift Gate Service.
A. When there is no loading dock, a truck with a hydraulic lift-gate enables the pallets of furniture to be brought safely to ground level. Generally, these are smaller trucks which are able to access other potential receiving areas in your facility, enabling a delivery near front or side doors or ramps - closer to the room where the units are going or to nearby elevator access. Lift-Gate Service may add a day or two to delivery time to allow for the transfer to a lift-gate equipped vehicle. Lift Gate Service is an additional fee.
A.If you request basic Inside Delivery Service, the driver will use a pallet jack to move furniture from the interior of the truck onto your loading dock (Dock Delivery). With Basic Inside Delivery Service, the driver will move the palletized items that are offloaded onto the loading dock to a nearby location at the same level, or ground floor in the case of Lift Gate Service (additional fee for Lift Gate Service). Basic Inside Delivery Service does not include uncrating the merchandise or carting away the packing materials.
A. White Glove Delivery Service includes bringing the unit to the ultimate destination within the building. It also includes uncrating and unpacking of pallets and disposal of packing materials in an appropriate receptacle that you designate and provide. If you do not have the capability to move and uncrate the furniture, you will need White Glove Delivery Service. White Glove Service does not include the assembly or installation of the furniture.
A. Yes, Assembly and Installation Service are available. Please request a quotation from the sales representative who provided you the quote for the furniture.
A. To provide accurate costs and to have the necessary equipment on hand to facilitate moving the furniture, we ask you the following in the Delivery Questionnaire:
- To whom and where should delivery workers report?
- On what floor/level will the furniture be placed?
- Provide the room number. A diagram of the delivery pathway is also helpful.
- Provide W x H of doorways. (we assume doorways will be 36"w x 80"h)
- Provide W x H of elevator door and W x D x H of the elevator cab.
- Notify us of tight turns in halls or other features that may impede delivery including possible obstruction by construction contractors or computer equipment deliveries.
- Is there a 4-wheel dolly or hand-truck available to facilitate movement of furniture within your facility?
Our delivery teams are very resourceful and can work through most issues during installation, however, anything about the site that causes delays for our workers in completing their tasks will result in additional charges.
A. We must know specific features and potential delivery / installation challenges about the building prior to providing an accurate quote. Without specific details, we will only quote that your delivery would go to the first level inside the building. The cost of White Glove Service must be adjusted if it has to be hand-carried up or down stairs or maneuvered around existing fixtures/furniture/etc.
A. Click here to go to the Shipping Department Contact Form now.
WARRANTY REPAIRS AND RETURNS FAQ
A.To expedite the shipment of replacement parts, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 1-800-770-7042 ext. 814 with the parts you believe are missing and please remember to include your Purchase Order number and Quote number, along with a ship to address and contact.
A. Sign for and accept the shipment; briefly describe damage and write on the BOL “Accepted Subject to Inspection” so you are covered for any resulting claim. Then unpack and examine the shipment and take photos of the items that show damage. In most instances, the products do not get damaged, even when the crate or carton looks damaged. The damage claim must be filed with the freight carrier within 7 working days of receipt of shipment. SMARTdesks will file the claim, however, if you do not report the damage or missing parts within 7 days you are responsible for the cost of replacement.
A. The damage claim must be filed with the freight carrier within 7 working days of receipt of shipment. Call our shipping department at 1-800-770-7042 ext. 814. Email photo documentation of the damage to email@example.com. Make sure your images are clear and show the parts in total and in detail. Once we have reviewed the documentation and confirmed what needs replacement, we will order your replacement parts and SMARTdesks will file a claim for the damaged items.
CLAIMS FAQ FOR FREIGHT DAMAGE AND MISSING ITEMS
A. You must contact firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in the subject line the name of your organization, your purchase order, and the SMARTdesks quote number. We will help you trace the missing items. You can also call the shipping department at 800-770-7042 ext. 814
A. Contact the shipping department at email@example.com with your order number and quote number, and briefly describe what you have (or have not) received. Do not refuse the shipment or attempt to return the item(s) to us. The shipping department will investigate the shorted or incorrect items and find a solution to get the correct items to you.
A.Please refer to our Warranty. Contact Q. What can we do if the damage is not covered by the warranty?
A.Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Email photo documentation of damaged part(s) and include that in your email. Once the part has been identified by the SMARTdesks customer service department, we will contact you with a quote for the replacement parts. Upon your acceptance of the quote, the parts will be manufactured and replaced.
A. The most efficient way to contact any of the SMARTdesks departments is through our contact forms. This assures you that your transmittal will be read by the appropriate member of our staff and archived with your order information. Nevertheless, there are moments when the telephone is your best tool, 800-770-7042 Press 1 for Sales, 2 for Design, 3 for Shipping, 4 for Accounting.
A. Click here to go to the Sales Department Contact Form now.
A. Click here to go to the Design Studio Contact Form now.